Monday, November 9, 2015

For Your Procrastination Pleasure #2

Writing/Life Status: I am officially (mostly) finished all the packing and moving craziness! Hopefully this means I’ll have time to beef up my word count a bit more. Also, some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been answering comments or reading blogs for a couple weeks, but now that life is (a little bit) less hectic, I plan to do something about that soon.
 
Welcome back. I see you didn’t learn your lesson the first time. Too bad for you. Don’t worry, I’ll save the “torture” for this week’s first video.

 
Speaking of weighty matters, I’ve mentioned before that I really like ice cream. But be cautious when buying ice cream—this could happen to you:

 
*evil laugh*

You’re probably hoping for some music suggestions right about now. (If you aren’t, I don’t care—or maybe I do…but only a little.)

This first song really fits with some of the themes in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, including Gatsby’s rather unhealthy obsession with Daisy as well as the harsh dichotomy between the perfection he perceives and the reality he experiences. So you should totally listen to it.

I grabbed this song from the playlist Stephenie Meyer used while writing THE HOST, and I must say, it does fit the book. Also, the plus side to this song is that it’s one of those pieces I can listen to for hours (because I do that when I’m in the zone).

Okay, I don’t have any personal brain condition anecdotes to share with you today, but I do have this article on punctuation and this article on cannibalism. Enjoy.


Discussion time, my little coffee beans. Did you like the funny videos? Do you have any musical suggestions of you own? Have you read any cool articles you’d like to share? If you’re doing NaNoWriMo, how is your novel coming along?

2 comments:

  1. Those videos! That is so hilarious! I love the first one best. :D

    That punctuation article was really interesting, but sooo long. I didn't get to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studio C is so hilarious. :) The first video is one of my top favorites. :)

      It is really long, even though it's fascinating.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete