Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A List

I was going to post a tag today, but something happened on Monday, and I figured I should tell you all about it. But I haven’t really been able to gather my thoughts yet, either, so I’m just going to give you a list of the basic details. 


At around 3:15 on Monday, my pastor was stabbed in his house. 

I was there when he was life flighted out from the field at our church. 

I watched them load his stretcher onto the helicopter. 

The wind was whipping the grass, and the helicopter was yellow and black. 

I splashed a bit of coffee on one of my nicest books. 

Somehow those were the only details I could focus on for the rest of the day. 

Sometimes the mind can only handle the small stuff. 

I really like my pastor. 

He likes to comment on how much I read. 

He is expected to make a full recovery. 

Over a hundred people gathered in my church last night to pray for him and his family and the assailant. 

There was a very short, scary time before the assailant was caught, but he is in custody now. 

Please pray. 

God is still good.

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad he is expected to fully recover from this. And glad they caught the assailant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will definitely be praying for your pastor. I'm glad to hear he is expected to recover well. You take care of yourself too. That's a huge shock to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying. :) And thank you for your concern. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is awful. *sends you hugs* I'm glad he's going to recover, but how scary and horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you back* Me too, but yeah, scary and horrible is an accurate description.

      Delete
  4. This is just unbelievably horrible. My prayers are with everyone in the situation. I can' imagine how hard it is for you, but thanks for the honesty :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry this happened. I'm glad things seem to be looking up from here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry. :( I'm glad that he's going to make a recovery and that you were safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's terrible! I'll keep you and your church family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so horrible!! I can't imagine what your church is going through <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but my church has responded so well, it's amazing. <3

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is so awful! Definitely praying for all of you! <3


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Liz! That's terrible! *hugs* Definitely praying!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete